Feb. 1, 2017 | Game Notes
NOTRE DAME, Ind. — With the calendar turning to February, the race for playoff positioning within the Hockey East standings is tightening up and this weekend, No. 17 Notre Dame will play host to No. 12 Vermont.
The Fighting Irish and Catamounts enter the weekend series separated by just one point in the Hockey East standings, with Vermont in third (8-5-1, 17 points) and Notre Dame in fourth (7-5-2, 16 points).
Overview | Games 27 & 28
Matchup: Vermont at Notre Dame
Date: Friday, Feb. 3 | Saturday, Feb. 4
Time: 7:35 p.m. (ET) | 6:30 p.m. (ET)
Site: Notre Dame, Indiana
Arena: Compton Family Ice Arena (5,022)
Play-by-Play: Steve Schlanger
Analyst: Anson Carter
Live Streaming: NBC Sports App
Live Radio | Audio: WZOC 94.3 FM | WatchND
Play-by-Play: Darin Pritchett
Live Stats: UND.com
Live Updates: @NDHockey
Series History: ND leads 5-1-2 (8 games)
Notes To Know
- Notre Dame carries a five-game unbeaten (4-0-1) streak against the Catamounts into this weekend’s series.
- Jordan Gross leads the Irish with four points (1-3-4) in four games against the Catamounts.
- Cal Petersen ranks 13th in the country with a 2.09 goals against average (third in Hockey East), while his .923 save percentage ranks 14th nationally (third in Hockey East).
- Anders Bjork has 38 points this season on 16 goals and 22 assists. His 38 points rank fifth in Hockey East and eighth in the country.
- Notre Dame is coming off a single game last weekend at Boston College, while the Catamounts most recently split a pair of games with Connecticut on January 20 and 27.
White Out Game
- Saturday’s game will be the annual White Out Game at the Compton Family Ice Arena, with all fans encouraged to wear white.
- All fans in attendance will also receive a white short sleeve t-shirt as well as a white pom-pom.
Irish Scoring Streaks And Trends
- Andrew Oglevie has a six-game point streak (5-4-9).
- Jake Evans is on a four-game point streak (1-5-6) and he has now notched at least one point in 11 of Notre Dame’s last 12 games (5-9-14).
- Jordan Gross (0-3-3) and Anders Bjork (1-2-3) each have two-game point streaks.
- Notre Dame is 6-3-1 over its last 10 games.
- The Irish are 5-3-1 since returning from break (Dec. 31).
- Since returning from break, Cal Petersen is 5-3-1 with a .940 save percentage, a 1.44 goals against average and he has added three shutouts.